Thursday 27 February 2014

NFL Build Up: My team to face Down

This is the team I pick to go into battle Saturday night. 
Repeat, my Team.
 

Let me explain...

jeepers Keepers
Okay, as fun and all as the Dromintee love in was, it has to end.

Shane McCoy is solid goalkeeper and did nothing in particular but that’s the problem, he did nothing. The modern game requires the game to be restarted as quick as possible to give us the best advantage to win possesion. McCoy and his kick outs weren't up to scratch on this department. Even when a keeper does take his time you then expect them to be 100% they were far too slow and predictable.

Look, i'm not asking for Stephen Cluxton but we need at least some attempt at his dynamism!
Gally in for me.

Attacking
Surprisingly I've gone with the same front 8 or 7 rather, with a usual half forward reverting.

Although we haven't been as fluent as we'd like up front, we've still scored 27 points in 2 games. So I think we need to stick with the same set and hopefully they'll gain the confidence they need from that trust.

Besides, Down's defence will not be any tighter than what we've faced already. 

Hopefully during the break we've built up confidence in general and worked on ways to create and convert goal chances, badly needed.

-Derek Crilly is doubtful so in his place I'd bring in Keith McLaughlin to go roaming with their corner forward Conor Maginn with Paddy Reilly reverting to the sweeping role.-

Held in reserve
Brian White has been pencilled in for a return but to start him would be unfair on him.

Holding him in reserve will give us the impact we need off the bench andddd...in case you forgot, he can kick a free or two!
So we'll have a freetaker on the field at all times, especially when needed in the final minutes.


Either-way the Cooley man back fit is a great boost.


Thanks for reading I'll go through both teams selections tomorrow

Like me on Facebook   or Follow me @LouthProud on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment