Thursday 6 February 2014

NFL Build UP: MY Team to face laois

With the Louth team usually named on a Thursday night after training....I'm going to name my team to face Laois this Sunday in Drogheda 2pm.

My team

Brian Donnelly hobbled off for DCU yesterday Darren Clarke starts for me  in the full forward line if Donnelly is not fit to start. 

My changes
It's a pity the game ended so badly for us last weekend as it over shadowed some real positives. Keith McLaughlin was one of those positives he came in after 8 minutes for clubmate John O'Brien. He put aside his disappointment and he had a storming performance. He'll Start on sunday for me.

Conor Rafferty made his first appearance of the season last weekend coming in as a last minute substitute for Adrian Reid. I think Rafferty starts on Sunday and playing the role of seventh defender or an all out man marking job on John O'Loughlin.
Dessie loses out with Gary O'Hare going to full back. I doubt AOR will drop Dessie and could possibly play him at number 6 to pick up Donie Kingston out there.

debutants
The debutants done enough for me last week to hold their place, Paddy Reilly especially, he made a composed debut starting very brightly in the first half.

Bench impact
With Brian White and Derek Crilly out, maybe I was a little harsh on AOR on monday He might not have the necessary options available to change the flow of a game. Don't get me wrong I think our bench is strong but lacks impact potential and now with John O'Brien out we go into this game even less potent options.
Example:You would be tempted to hold Maguire back and bring him in for maximum impact off the bench with 15 minutes to go just liek he did last year in Portlaoise with devastating effect!

Up Front 
I'd like to see Andy play and stay out on the wing being his industrial self...Colm Judge on the forty gave us the best balance with Decie on the other wing continuing his good form.

Also, when we had Eoin O'Connor inside we never dropped any high balls in on top of him? once every so often when unexpected, is hard to defend and with Derek Maguire lurking about there is a great chance of a goal which, worryingly we didn't create once last week with all our dominance.

Thanks for tuning let me know your team 
 

Like me on Facebook


or
Follow @LouthProud on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment