Tuesday 27 August 2013

Trivia Time

I received a really good Trivia question from one of my readers....and I've decided to share it with you all....as they say, problem shared in a problem halved!


How many players have lined out in Senior football finals in Louth for TWO different clubs? 

and, if you can, Name them!


Bear in mind, it is from 1980 onwards.....

Best of luck, Stay tuned and I'll post up the answers as soon as they come in!

Mail me the answers on LouthandProud@gmail.com or Tweet me either  @LouthProud


If you have any Question you'd like to share with Louth fans don't be afraid to contact me!




I can confirm that there is at least 6 players (and a possible 7 to be verified shortly) definitely 6!
A large number of tweeters have guessed these 3 players Correctly

Niall Sharkey- Ardee St Marys 2003 & Mattock Rangers 2010

Seamus Quigley- Kilkerley Emmets 1999 & Cooley Kickhams

Martin Farrelly- Lannleire 1998 and St Joseph's 2006


2 more players  

Barry Corcoran - Brides 2002 and St Patricks 2012
Eamon McCartan - Carlingford man joined the Irelanders, then back to Cooley played in 3 straight finals. 79-81. 
 
One more to go......keep the Guesses coming!
 

Last but not least  

Eugene McArdle Originally DYI, lost to Roche in 1980. Joined the Joes then and was sub, lost to Fechins in 84.

thanks to all for your responses!!! 



If you have any Question you'd like to share with Louth fans don't be afraid to contact me!
LouthandProud@gmail.com
or Tweet me either  @LouthProud

Ok Correction Time
There was Definitely 7 confirmed Players! Thanks to @RoeGerard who verified Laurence O'Hanlon who, did in fact play in two senior finals for 2 different Teams
Roche Emmets 1985 and Clan Na Gael.





No comments:

Post a Comment