Thursday 15 August 2013

The Byrne Identity

Australian rules side Carlton Blues Gain and Louth's GAA Pain?

 
Class Act


News has just broken today of Ciaran Byrne and his confirmed move to the AFL.

and, I don't know how I feel about it...



On one hand, I am delighted for him, and the other hand I'm sad.

I don't know him personally but I heard from enough people that he is a bright, driven and nice young man.


He's undoubtedly been the best underage talent we've produced in the last few decades. since perhaps, JP Rooney, when burst on the scene in the early noughties. 

One thing I thing I do know is, that Louth football will miss him dearly. 

We all knew he was that bit special...From the Mochta's in the beginning, Louth Minor run, Dundalk Colleges success, he even showed the composure and maturity of a veteran in his first season, even his nickname 'Casey' we couldn't figure out!

Deep down, while watching him play you wished all the whispers on the terrace about Oz and Tadhg Kennelly was just.talk.

However, it came to pass today, he is definitely leaving.
No doubt We'll now become Carlton Blues Fans! 

but,

Just like Ciaran's last game in a Louth Jersey versus Kildare I'll leave on a positive note! 
 
Today is not a sad day for Louth football but a proud day in fact. One of our best, is good enough for a top professional sports club.

I want to say his Louth Career is to be continued but, I've no doubt in my mind that he'll make it out there....

So I'll just keep it simple and say.....

Best of Luck Ciaran but we all know you don't need it!

Louth and Proud



Louth Stats
Division 2 League 

v Galway     0-1 Start Win
v Wexford        Sub Lost
v Armagh    0-1 Sub Win
v  Derry      0-1 Start Lost
v Longford  0-1 Start Win

Championship
Laois-Start Win
Wexford-Start Lost
Qualifiers
Antrim 1-2 Start Win
Kildare 0-5 Start Lost

Debut:Galway

9(2) Appearances (Sub)
1-11  Tally
5 win's 


Class act

No comments:

Post a Comment